Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This ain't goodbye, it's just see you later...


This post marks a bittersweet day for me. On one hand, this is the last blog assignment I’ll have to do for this class. On the other hand, it’s the last blog assignment I’ll have to do for this class lol.

Overall, I’ve loved the experience. Not since the days of livejournal have I blogged, and never was it about anything relevant. Granted, the relevance of the content here is subject to opinion, it’s still better than any of the adolescent “why doesn’t she like me”, teenage angst filled garbage that I littered the internet with back in the day.

In fact, I might even keep the blog going once the class is over. I’m the kind of person who usually has a lot to say and nobody to say it to. Not to mention that the vast amount of knowledge I've acquired in regards to health and fitness isn't gonna do anyone else any good if it stays in my head.

So when I realized this was to be my last official graded blog post, I wanted to think of something great to post, an entry with real content, I really want to go out with a bang. Unfortunately for you guys, I got nothin…lol

So I’m going to end this assignment first by thanking all of you for reading, commenting, and subscribing. Without your interaction, this blog is just a diary. Now i'd like to share with you some of my favorite motivational quotes, some words of advice and some random ass video or picture because the assignment calls for it lol.

  • I said this in my last post, but I absolutely love the concept behind this quote. Whenever you fall off track or regress, remember “In order for an arrow to reach its target, it must first be drawn back”.
  • Don’t be afraid to be different, don’t be afraid to be dedicated, when people call you obsessed, just tell them that “obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated”.
  • “You’ll never know how far you can go if you never take that first step”.
  • And along those same lines, “every journey begins with a single step”.
  • “Make the rest of your life, the best of your life”
  • “Strength is the product of struggle”
  • You can’t wing it when it comes to health and fitness. Sit down, take some time, and develop a blueprint, because  “If you fail to plan, then plan to fail”
  • “You can’t out train a bad diet”
  • “abs are made in the kitchen”
  • “you can have results, or excuses, not both”
  • “go ahead, make fun of the way I eat, I’ll just make fun of the way you look”
  • This one is for the ladies “Good girls do cardio, bad girls lift heavy”
  • “Train insane, or remain the same”
  • “Push yourself, nobody else is gonna do it for you”
  • “If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up”
  • “You can feel sore tomorrow, or feel sorry for yourself tomorrow, you choose”
  • “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right”
  • “I don’t have time” is the grown up version of “my dog ate my homework”
  • To add to that “It’s not about having time, it’s about MAKING time”
  • “it’s called a WORKout because it requires effort. Without the work it’s just an easy out”
  • “the body achieves what the mind believes”
  • “Sacrifice = Success”
  • No Pain, No Gain
  • This one I love, for those of you who are just beginners “no matter how slow you go, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch”
  • “The only bad workout is the one that never happened”
  • “Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction”

Aaaaaand that’s enough of that for now. So I wanna summarize some of the things you all should have learned during these last couple months:


    1. It’s never too late to start making changes. My pops is in his fifties and just decided he wanted to begin eating healthier and supplementing
    2. Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t know. How many people do you know would ask their son for advice?
    3. Good girls do cardio, bad girls lift heavy
    4. If you’re short on time, want a crazy effective workout, and you’re a bit of a masochist, Crossfit might be right for you
    5. The gym is a gym, not a club so act right or get out
    6. DON’T DO CURLS IN THE F*CKING SQUAT RACK!!!!!!!!!!!
    7. Not every diet will work for every person, you've got to do a little self-experimentation to figure out what works for YOU
    8. Last but not least, no matter what it is you do in life, don’t half ass it because...





    No comments:

    Post a Comment