Friday, September 27, 2013

Powerlifting Week 3: Catching Up

Ok so thus far my chronicling my entry into the world of powerlifting has been a massive fail. I apologize but I'm having issues with my laptop and doing these at work isnt always easy. So instead of trying to retroactively post for last week, we're just gonna go ahead and call it a wash. I'll say that I made good strides in both of my upper body lifts (Mil press and bench) had a HORRIBLE deadlift last week due to being sick and seemingly regressed on my squat. This is probably due to the fact that I trained fasted in the early morning because I had made plans for that evenning and had to get in where I fit in. I now know that I really really hate morning training and will probably never do it again if I dont have to. With that, I'm going to catch up up on this week. The rep scheme for this week is what the title of the book was derived from: 5/3/1.

Here are my numbers for the week thus far:

Military press:
Warmup Set1 - 70x5
               Set2 - 85x5
               Set3 - 105x3
Working Set1 - 130x5
               Set2 - 150x3
               Set3 - 165x6
 Deadlift:
Warmup Set1 - 190x5
               Set2 - 235x5
               Set3 - 280x3
Working Set1 - 350x5
               Set2 - 400x3
               Set3 - 445x4
Bench Press:
Warmup Set1 - 95x5
               Set2 - 120x5
               Set3 - 145x3
Working Set1 - 180x5
               Set2 - 205x3
               Set3 - 225x10 (HUGE progress)
 I have squats today in about an hour and I'm hoping to make better progress than I did last week. I'm well rested, I've eaten and I'm focused on puttin up big numbers today. As a precaution, I've only added 5 lbs to my working max so I've got no excuse to not smash PR's today. Well, it's time for me to leave work, getting out a half hour early today, a good sign for gym time. So as always, life begins outside your comfort zone, if it doesnt challenge you, it doesnt change you.

No comments:

Post a Comment